Have you ever wondered how blogging in business can help to increase sales?
With almost 4 billion people worldwide connected to the internet, there has never been a better time than now to include blogging in business as a great marketing strategy to refine your online presence and business.
By writing and publishing relevant, authentic, and valuable blogs for your audience, you can attract more visitors to your website. Blogging in business can enhance your brand awareness, improve customer engagement, increase organic traffic on your website, and help you rank higher on the SERP.
Let us understand how blogging in business is an excellent way for entrepreneurs to build a trustworthy relationship with their potential customers and grow sales online.
Benefits Of Blogging In Business
Many businesses have embraced blogging as a significant part of their marketing strategies.
Here are some benefits of blogging in business that can help take your online venture to the next level.
- Establishing authority – In order to make your target audience purchase something from you, they first need to know that your brand exists.
- Revealing your expertise – Blogging in business allows you to showcase your knowledge and expertise in your industry. By providing valuable information and insights to your audience, you can showcase yourself as a tough leader and build trust among them.
- Engaging with customers – Blogging provides a platform for direct communication with your customers. Engage with your audience through comments and gather feedback.
- A great platform for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – Search engines love fresh and relevant content. and blogging can help you regularly update your website with new content.
Blogging in business is one of the most efficient ways to incorporate SEO. Blogging can positively impact your website’s visibility and search engine rankings.
Optimizing your content according to SEO practices increases your ranking on the search engine result pages (SERP).
Statistics Of How Many Businesses Are Using Blogging In Business
- 71% of marketers report that content marketing has become a significant strategy in their digital marketing approach.
- There are more than 600 million blogs, out of which there are 1.9 billion websites worldwide, and 77% of internet users read blogs.
- As of 2023, 91% of B2B businesses and 86% of B2C businesses will use Blogging In Business to skyrocket their sales online.
- 77% of Fortune 500 companies have blogs, and 76% of content marketers use content to generate leads, attract new clients, and retain existing ones.
5 Steps For Writing A Blog
Writing a blog is essential for engaging your audience, conveying your message effectively, and ultimately achieving your business goals.
Here are the steps to help you write a successful blog –
- Craft an appealing headline
- Blog introduction
- Write engaging and beneficial content
- Include a Call-To-Action (CTA)
1. Appealing Title / Headline
Writing a compelling title for a blog is crucial for capturing the readers attention.
A compelling title can significantly impact the click-through rate and encourage readers to explore your content further.
Here are some tips to help you write captivating titles for your blog –
- Be clear and concise – The title of your blog should clearly convey what your blog is all about. Avoid using complicated words that may confuse your readers.
- Curiosity-evoking title – Incorporate powerful and descriptive words in the title that evokes curiosity. Challenge readers psychologically by using words like amazing, secrets, promising benefits, unbelievable, and revealing can catch your readers attention.
Three Secrets Of Google Ranking That No One Is Revealing.
5 Surprising Benefits Of Blogging In Business.
- Title with catchy words – Understand your target audience and write a title that resonates with their interests, needs, or pain points. Avoid generic or cliched titles that have been used many times. Strive to make your title stand out from the crowd.
A Step-By-Step Guide For Writing A Perfect Blog
- Number-driven headline – Titles with numbers are attention-grabbing and promise positive action from your audience. They make your title odd-one-out. Use odd numbers up to 13 only, as they are memorable, more effective, and capture your audience’s gaze.
7 Promising Tips To Lose Weight Without Going To The Gym
5 Mistakes To Avoid While Doing Intermittent Fasting
- Word length of headlines – The ideal length of the blog title/ headline for your blog should be around 60 characters. Headlines between 8-12 words are read and shared more often, hence, do some brainstorming and choose a good keyword for your blog title that can rank on Google.
A list of tools you can use for blog topic ideas to rank on Google search engines –
- Answer The Public
- Google suggestion
2. Blog Introduction
Begin your blog with a captivating introduction that can hook your readers and give them a purpose and reason to keep reading your content further.
Begin your blog with a catchy line or an intriguing question that piques the readers curiosity.
The introduction comprises two things – Challenges + Solutions
Have you ever wondered how blogging in business can help skyrocket your sales?
Here are some tips on how to write a captivating introduction to your blog –
- Set the tone and purpose – Clearly state the purpose of your blog post. Let the readers know what to expect from your content and why it matters to them.
- Share a personal story or experience – Connect with your readers by sharing a relatable personal experience. That humanizes the content and makes it more engaging.
- Highlight main points – Briefly outline the topics you will cover in the blog post. This provides the readers with an overview of what they can expect from your blog.
Throughout this blog, let us explore how blogging in business helps entrepreneurs to skyrocket their sales.
- Create a sense of anticipation – Add some exciting or intriguing information that will be revealed later in the blog. This entices the readers to keep reading your blog to find out the end result.
3. Write Engaging Content For Blogging In Business
Writing a well-researched, informative, and engaging blog adds value to your readers minds.
Good content can influence and create an everlasting impression among your readers. Creating high-quality, valuable content can resonate with your target audience.
Here are some best practices to help you develop a successful blog framework –
- Plan your content strategy – Develop your content calendar to schedule and organize your blog posts. To include blogging in business, consistency is the key, so aim to publish your content regularly, whether it’s weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.
Your content in the blog post should follow the 80:20 rule –
- Evergreen content –The content of your blog will be relevant for weeks, months, or even years later, it is always going to be useful to someone somewhere, connect with all sets of audiences, and foster a loyal customer base.
- Body of the blog (sub-topics) – Make sure that the purpose of every sub-topic is related to your blog’s intention. Give a 100% solution or add external links. Incorporate relevant images, videos, infographics, and other multimedia in the blog that will enhance the readers experience and keep them engaged.
Active voice – Using an Active voice like “You / I” in the content will keep the readers connected with you.
Encourage interaction – Include a comments section, and engage with your audience. Respond to comments and encourage discussions to build a loyal community.
Make it SEO Optimized – If you are planning to include blogging in business, implement basic search engine optimization (SEO) techniques to increase the visibility of your blog on search engines.
Here is the list of elements to include –
- Use relevant keywords in the blog
- Writing meta descriptions
- Building backlinks
- Blog Framework – To have a perfect blog framework, break up the text of your blog with headings and sub-headings for better readability. Use H1 tags for the title and H2 tags for the subtopics in the blog, wherever applicable. H3, H4, H5, and H6 tags are for further subdivision of the content.
Your blog can have up to 1000-5000 words, make sure to write error-free content.
You can use tools like Grammarly to check if you are writing error-free content.
Your readers should have something to take back with them after reading your blog. End your blog on an optimistic note, leaving your readers feeling motivated or inspired.
Here are some tips to conclude your blog effectively –
- Summarizing the main points – Remind your readers about the main points of your blog post. Briefly summarize the main ideas you presented throughout the blog.
- End with a thought-provoking statement – Leave your readers with something to ponder. Pose a question and share surprising statistics about how blogging in business has helped you increase your sales, like the growth report and real analytics, or provide a thought-provoking quote related to your topic.
- Key takeaways – Briefly explain what the key takeaways are for your readers. Get back to the introduction and mention the benefits you are offering.
5. CTA: Call-To-Action
A blog should have a strong and clear call-to-action that can direct the audience to what they can do next based on the information you have provided.
This is a vital aspect of blogging in business, it could be anything from –
- Subscribing to your newsletter
- Sharing the post
- Leaving a comment or exploring related content
Acknowledge your readers interest in your services and navigate them to your product or service page.
List of things you can offer while you are including blogging in business –
- Freebies and counseling sessions
- Online deals and offers
- Contact details
- Social media pages.
To Wind Up
Through this blog, you now know the benefits of blogging in business and how blogging helps you leverage sales online, create brand awareness, and build trust among your audience.
If you want to grow your sales and take your business to the next level, let’s start including blogging in business and rank your website on the first page of search engines.
If you want to learn more about writing a successful and profitable blog and skyrocketing your business online, click here to enroll yourself in the complete Digital Marketing course.
I would like to conclude my blog by thanking Prachi Gautam @Usavvyacademy for being a wonderful coach and for all the support I received from her to be a successful content writer.
Thank you, Anshika Wahal for your constant support.
About the Author
Hello, I am Aswini Akkaraju, a working professional from Zurich, Switzerland, with a keen interest in SEO-friendly blogging and social media marketing.