Do you also find it difficult to rank your website on the first page of the search engine? Or, are you struggling to discover the best on-page SEO factors that you can use to rank your website on the first page of the SERPs? Well, you are not alone.
If you want to improve the visibility of your website, increase traffic, and scale up your business, you can make use of effective on-page SEO factors to fulfill your desired actions.
This includes the use of high-volume keywords, precise placement of the keywords in the website content, title tag optimization, meta tag optimization, image optimization, and so on. But first, let us understand the importance of On-Page SEO factors for your website.
Why are on-page SEO factors necessary for your website’s search engine ranking?
On-page SEO factors involve optimizing your website by carrying out various techniques that lead to your website ranking better on the search engine. On-page SEO helps you drive organic traffic to your website. This, in turn, gives you more conversions and revenue for your business.
A search engine will always admire a website that relates to a user’s search intent and provides them with the desired results. And if your website fulfills what the user is looking for, it will rank higher in the search results.
Hence, on-page SEO factors can be your secret sauce for getting organic traffic and giving a sales boost to your business. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s take a deep dive to learn about the 7 best on-page SEO factors that guarantee better website ranking.
1. Write first-rate content
One of the significant on-page SEO factors is to write unique, engaging, and relevant content for your website. It drives the audience to read your content related to your pursuit. You should use relevant keywords and topics for your content that the audience is seeking information about.
Use the guidelines below, linked with on-page SEO factors, to write high-quality content for your website.
- Useful- Write content in a way that solves the problem of the visitor, offers benefits, and helps them achieve a specific target. Make your audience build a connection with you.
- Unique- How is your product or service different from other brands? What specific quality does your brand carry? Talk about your USPs in your content to make your brand stand out from the crowd and rank your website well using these on-page SEO factors.
- Ultra-specific- Add your personal information, experiences, stories, personal journey, and brand’s case study to build connection and credibility.
- Urgency- Include deals and ongoing offers on your product or service in your content for the audience to take instant action. Make them feel, through your content, that they don’t miss out on a great opportunity.
- Readability- On-page SEO factors also include writing content that is easy to read. Use short sentences and paragraphs, simple words, and bulleted and numbered lists. Highlight or underline important words that you want your audience to pay attention to.
- Keywords- Target audience-specific keywords and write in sync with your content. Avoid keyword stuffing, which is one of the important on-page SEO factors.
- Visual content- Attract your audience’s attention by including relatable pie charts, graphs, comparison images, statistics, etc. in your content.
2. Keyword Research
Keywords describe the type of content on your website. But, from the perspective of on-page SEO factors, they help your website rank on the first page of the SERP. Hence, there are some things that you can consider while doing keyword research for your website.
- Relevancy- Look for keywords that are relevant to your business as well as what the audience is looking for.
- Search volume- On-page SEO factors encourage you to keep track of the search volume of the keywords. It gives an idea of how popular the keyword is.
- Keyword difficulty- Keyword difficulty makes you aware of how difficult it is for the keyword to rank on the search engine.
- Short-tail keywords- On-page SEO factors comprise general keywords of 1-2 words that have a high search volume, and short-tail keywords can drive more traffic to your website. E.g., “Best Green Tea.”
- Long-tail keywords- These keywords are phrases of more than 1-2 words. They can get you more conversions as they are more user-specific. E.g., “The Best Green Tea Online for Women.”
Some of the best tools you can use for your website’s keyword research are:
3. Optimize your content
Have you ever thought that you are placing keywords in a manner that will improve your website’s ranking? This is one of the major on-page SEO factors that you must not overlook.
Optimize your content by placing keywords in a strategic format. On-page SEO factors give you the most important areas of your website’s content in which you can place your keywords.
Some of them are:
- Heading tags (H1, H2, and H3 tags)
- Meta Title
- Meta Description
These on-page SEO factors can help the search engine index your website and identify it according to the keywords you are targeting.
How does grammar play an important role in optimizing your content? Does spelling mistakes in your content affect your website’s ranking?
If your website content has grammatical errors, it will be difficult for the audience to read and process the information. Hence, you must make sure that the content you are writing for your website is unique and has no spelling errors.
On-page SEO factors support some of the best tools online to check your content’s grammar and uniqueness.
4. Optimize heading tags
Heading tags (H1, H2, and H3) as a part of on-page SEO factors improve the readability of your content. It can make your website rank higher on search engines, as it is easier for the audience to read and understand your content. To optimize the heading tags, insert the primary focus keyword into them.
5. Optimize the title tag
If you want the audience to click on your website, you have to write titles for your pages that entice them. Therefore, on-page SEO factors also include optimizing title tags, which are essential for increasing your website’s CTR (click-through rate).
How can you optimize your title tags?
- Include your primary keyword- It is one of the best on-page SEO factors which will help the search engine recognize your page according to the topic and content.
- Include your brand name- Add your brand name in the title to make it known and create your own brand identity.
- Avoid keyword stuffing- Add only one keyword in your title for good readability.
- Avoid keyword cannibalization- On-page SEO factors do not support keyword cannibalization. Make sure you do not use the same keyword in more than one title of your website pages.
- Make your title creative- Including creative CTAs in your title makes the audience take an instant action to buy the product or avail services.
Example: Buy resin jewellery online at 40% off, valid for 3 days.
- Write short titles- Keep your title length around 50-60 characters, as you can experience a title tag cut-off if it exceeds more than 60 characters.
6. Optimize meta descriptions
One of the best on-page SEO factors, the meta description gives your audience a gist of what your website page is about. On-page SEO factors involve optimizing your meta description in such a way that it catches the attention of your audience, increases traffic, and improves the website’s ranking.
Optimize your meta descriptions using the following methods:
- Include target keywords- Write the keywords that resonate with the audience’s search intent. Through these on-page SEO factors, the search engine will highlight the keywords in your description that the audience is searching for.
- Write in the active voice- It will make the audience relate to your content and make it clear to them what they will get on your page.
- Use a clear CTA- Write a strong and clear CTA that can direct the audience to what they should do next. This is one of the vital on-page SEO factors that will evoke them to take action instantly.
- Write short descriptions- Since the meta description is only a summary for the audience to know about your page, on-page SEO factors recommend the character limit for it should not be more than 120 characters.
7. Optimize your images
“A picture is worth a thousand words.” Whenever we type anything on Google, we see different images. All the images have a different ranking depending on which page they appear on. Optimized images encourage user engagement and experience on the website.
Well, you must be wondering how I can optimize images according to the on-page SEO factors? Don’t worry! Here is your go-to guide.
- Image file name- Write a descriptive file name that is relevant to your image. Use the target keywords and hyphens to keep the words separate.
- Add Alt tag- On-page SEO factors always recommend describing what the image is about. Write a short alt text that is descriptive for the audience. Avoid stuffing keywords into it.
- Reduce the file size of the images- Balance out your images with low file size and decent quality. Maintain a file size of up to 100 kb. A low file size encourages a fast loading speed for your website and, in turn, a good user experience.
- Choose the right file type- On-page SEO factors prefer JPEG image files as they have better compression levels on the website, which enhances its loading speed.
- Do not forget image captions- Write captions for the images that relate to what the image is about. It may not have a direct impact on SEO, but it supports user experience and engagement.
Through this blog, now that you have realized how important it is to use these 7 best on-page SEO factors for your website, let’s not waste any time and soak our minds to implement these on-page SEO factors, boost our online presence, and rank our website on the first page of the search engine.
On-page SEO factors are the need of the moment for you to attain a high ranking on the SERPs, giving a touch of uniqueness to your website, increasing your website’s CTR, gaining a high level of traffic, optimizing conversion rates, leveraging sales, and what not!
If you want to know more about on-page SEO factors and how to take your online presence to the next level, what are you waiting for? Click here to enroll now to learn about the “Complete SEO Guide From Beginner To Advanced Level.”
About the author: Anshika Wahal is a working professional from Noida, Uttar Pradesh, who has a keen interest in content writing and SEO-friendly blogging. Having a diverse experience in commercial content writing, she has written content in different niches like fashion, lifestyle, travel, health, hospitality, digital marketing, e-commerce, and many more.
Email ID- [email protected]
LinkedIn ID- https://www.linkedin.com/in/anshika-wahal-62756317b/